Part 4, last one in the long line of “Pets for the occasion” series. This week we will suggest which pets best fit following roles: Raider, PvP-er, Emo, and Drunk.
As a raider (which is pretty wide definition now days), you must distinguish yourself from other people around you. Now more then ever, as almost everyone is raider.
Small pets of the choice: Mojo / Phoenix Hatchlink / Scortchling , or in worst case scenario: Sinister squashlink (In general, all pets that are part of some raiding past and XP.)
- Mojo *- gift from random “de-hexxed” mob in Zul’Aman, when you use Amani Hex Stick on frogs around ZA pond
- Phoenix Hatchling – 6% drop rate from Kael’thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> (72+) in Magisters’ Terrace (both normal and heroic)
- Scorchling – (Scorched Stone) – 1.7% chance to be found in Ice Chest (The Slave Pens) during Midsummer Fire Festival (June 21 – July 5 ) (quest –  Summon Ahune | achievement – Ice the Frost Lord )
- Sinister Squashling – 5% drop from Headless Horseman (Graveyard of Scarlet Monastery during the Hallow’s End season) . Achievement: Bring Me The Head of… Oh Wait
*) when you /kiss Mojo you become frog too, and Mojo chase you around
Wanna be ingame emo? It is easier than you think; equip some dark robes and following pets:
Small pets of the choice: Black Cat / Stinker
- Cat Carrier (Bombay) – 40 from Donni Anthania <Crazy Cat Lady> (A | H)
- Stinker **- (Reeking Pet Carrier) – Complete Shop Smart, Shop Pet…Smart achievement
**) If you have Stinker and bring him near someone who has the black cat pet, Stinker will chase the black cat about with a little heart animation over his head! After a few moments of this, she’ll turn him down and Stinker goes heartbroken (By Diabla (Patch 3.0.8))
Well maybe not the best choice to prove that you are PvP-er, but ; as it was fun and easy to get during Olympics 2008, it’s fashion value was low as everyone had it. Now days things are bit different.
Small pet of the choice: Spirit of Competition
- Spirit of Competition – (Gold Medallion) – 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics win-a-battleground seasonal reward
If you are not in Brew of the Month Club (#1 Rule: Never talk about Brew of the Month Club!), don’t even bother. To be BotMC member isn’t requirement, but it is state of mind and if you enjoy to have extra “one for the road” in any situation, than I’m sorry to say; but you are drunk. Remember to take all things in moderation. Unless you are drunk. Than you probably don’t even care. ^^ (You know you are drunk when You can focus better with one eye closed.)
Small pet of the choice: Wolpertinger
- Wolpertinger – (Wolpertinger’s Tankard) – purchasable for ~50 from Brewfest NPCs Belbi Quikswitch (Alliance) or Blix Fixwidget (Horde)
Funny idea! This could be Rogue’s or Druid‘s Vanity Pet choice (aside Snake). Wolpertinger is supposed to be visible only for player (who summoned it), its party and players so drunk that chat message is displayed: “You feel completely smashed from [insert item]” (By julgran on 09/26/2008 (Patch 2.4.3))
And it is over, this was the last post on the topic. In total we have 12(+) roles and over 50 matching pets described. As usual all feedback can be directed to our e-mail, or by leaving comments. You can track out Twitts at and http://twitter.com/WoWFashionGuru , our Digg chann at http://digg.com/users/WoWFashionGuru. More: Part 1 of the article , part 2, part 3.
Popularity: 15% [?]